The 2019 Emerging Leaders Programme
Are you moving into a leadership role for the first time?
Are you faced with new responsibilities and want to manage and motivate others to excel and achieve results?
Do you feel that it’s important your company invests in the next generation of management?
Have you worked out that developing homegrown talent is far less expensive and time-consuming than sourcing externally?
Then our Emerging Leaders programme is just what you need.
Our 2019 retreat is an inspiring and experiential 10-day programme delivered over nine months that will challenge every aspect about the way you think about and encourage others to think about management. With ten clearly defined learning modules, it has achieved great success and gained recognition as pioneering the way in developing emerging leaders.
The programme will take you on a developmental journey in which you will discover more about yourself; your skills, abilities, beliefs and limitations.
At the end of each module the delegate will be given a series of tasks to deliver in their own workplace which have been designed to support their learning experience. Each delegate will be assigned their own mentor who will provide support, review project work and give constructive feedback throughout the programme.
1. The Leader Within: This inspirational three-day module has been designed to develop your personal leadership style and support your growth in stature, and will help you discover the key competencies and winning strategies required to lead your team to success.
2. Coaching and Developing Your Team: During this two-day interactive module you will discover the key techniques and methods a great coach uses to influence behaviour, transform individual performance, delegate responsibility, improve capabilities and deliver results.
3. Managing a Leader’s Time: One of the most repeated phrases you will hear in offices up and down the country is “we don’t have enough time” – to which the response is often “work harder!” This module will help you manage your work and your time more effectively, eliminating the need to work extra hours, reducing stress, and improving your productivity and efficiency.
4. Communicating as a Leader: During this one-day interactive workshop you will learn how to communicate effectively, gaining the confidence to clearly articulate your vision and your strategic approach to others. At the heart of this module is the ability to understand yourself, what you do and why you do it.
5. Conflict Management: Conflict in the workplace, if not managed, will often have a hugely negative business impact, leading to poor employee engagement, a lack of motivation and morale, poor staff retention and a below-par performance. This highly participative module analyses the types of conflict that occur, and sets guidelines for identifying and managing such situations in a timely manner.
6. Appraisals and Reviews – Performance Management: Performance Management is a term used to improve team performance, based on the principles of measurement, appraisal, action and monitoring. Whether the aim is to raise good performers up a notch or deal with those under performing, this course is designed to help individuals, teams, groups and organisations. The aim of this workshop is to arm you with the tools to review, assess, debrief and develop the skills and confidence in others by implementing a Performance Management Solution.
7.Mindfulness in the Workplace: With the practice of mindfulness scientifically proven to help people overcome health related issues, such as stress and anxiety, it’s no wonder it’s increasingly becoming one of the most popular training techniques in the modern workplace. Organisations such as Google, JP Morgan and the NHS are known to adapt this technique. Our Mindfulness module has been designed to help your leader discover how to implement the following into your business:
- Support increased calmness, relaxation and confidence
- Promote conscious decision-making and action
- Explore core principles of mindfulness
- Embody the practice of mindfulness techniques and exercises
- Develop greater self-awareness, clarity, focus and resilience
9. Job Specific Awareness: This optional (industry specific) module will provide clarity as to what is expected of you in your new management position, identifying your key responsibilities and performance targets.
10.Final Assessments: This optional (industry specific) module is designed to test your knowledge through a series of online tests and project based challenges.
Attendees will be able to:
- Become confident in their leadership ability
- Experience career motivation
- Gain a better understanding of different leadership styles
- Gain greater self-awareness
- Acquire some practical tools and skills
- Build collaboration, teamwork and trust
- Recognise the accomplishments of others
- Apply their learning to their new role
- Identify opportunities to change and improve
- Create a stress free working environment
- Manage their work efficiently
- Coach their team to perform even better
- Build a stronger support network of fellow emerging leaders
Affordable Elearning That’s Ready to go Whenever and Wherever
We designed Emerging leaders Plus with your organisation and employees in mind. The solution is available as standalone modules or as a complete off-the-shelf elearning suite.
Ensure your managers and leaders are able to lead their teams effectively with elearning modules that foster effective leadership and management skills
Your learners can access their elearning courses anywhere, anytime via our hosted platform, Virtual College – creating an efficient learning and reporting experience without the cost of a full learning management system.
All courses follow a simple structure, Content, Assessment and providing a successful completion a CPD Certificate will be delivered
“My experience of the Emerging Leaders course provided by Get the Edge was one of the most positive and rewarding of my life so far. It is impossible not to be inspired by the team who are professional, experienced and knowledgeable but know how to make sure everyone has a great time too. They have found the ideal balance between theory and practical and the setting at Hill Holt Wood provides the perfect relaxed learning environment. While the course is intense and challenging it is structured in a way that flows so you never feel overwhelmed with information.It is only when you reflect on the day that you realise how much information has been covered and how much you have learnt. I would definitely recommend Get the Edge UK to be your first choice training provider for all levels of staff within your business. World Class!”
Mandy Plues – Ebay Department
For more great testimonials from the many companies we work with click here.
Stoke Rochford Hall
Housed in a superb Victorian country mansion and set within formal landscaped gardens and 28 acres of stunning natural parkland, Stoke Rochford Hall is the perfect location for our Leadership Retreat. The spacious and well- appointed conference facilities create a relaxed and comfortable environment that will enhance your learning experience.
Hill Holt Wood
Occupying a tranquil position within ancient woodland, Hill Holt Wood is our other carefully chosen location. The unique rammed earth conference hall benefits from beautiful natural light with its warm ambience during winter months and a refreshing cool atmosphere in the summer, creating a relaxed and pleasant learning environment. The 34 acres of woodland also provides the ideal setting for some of the outdoor and team building exercises, all of which are supported and facilitated by a team of experienced rangers.