£30 + VAT per person
Having the ability to manage poor employee performance is an essential skill for any manager wanting to maximize performance at an individual or a team level.
This module provides learners with the knowledge and skills required to tackle performance problems effectively, as well as prepare and conduct a formal capability meeting.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Identify the purpose and benefits of capability management
- Recognise the main features of the organisation capability procedure
- Know how to put the procedure into practice
- Improve communication skills and remain fair and consistent with all staff
- Appreciate the importance of preventive action
- Tackle performance problems effectively
- Practice questioning and interviewing techniques
- Learn how to set clear objectives
- Prepare and conduct a formal capability meeting
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Outcomes
- Managing Procedures
- The Conversation
- Stages of Action
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 hour. With approximately 40 interactive screens, it is estimated that this module will take approximately 1 and half hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages. The system will record your progress throughout.
This module is aimed at managers with the responsibility for managing capability situations.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.